Tuesday, 24 January 2012
More about Me!
Many thanks to Linda Banche and Rosemary Gemmell who have both awarded me the 'Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award'. For this award, I have to tell you 7 things you might not already know about myself, so here goes:
1. I scratched my first name on my Mum's sideboard when I first learnt to write. She was not pleased!
2. I once borrowed a friend's bike (as I didn't have my own) and cycled 26 miles to a seaside town, and back again in the same day. Needless to say, I could hardly walk the next day!
3. My first novel was due 'out' on the same day as my second daughter. My daughter arrived 10 days early, and I got the copies of my book 10 days after the due date.
4. My favourite colour is blue, which is perhaps as well, as my junior school and high school unifoms were both blue, and I also wore blue for many years as a Girl Guide leader.
5. I used to do maypole dancing and Edward, my partner, was my very first 'boyfriend' (when I was 8). We made a good team. I wonder what happened to him?
6. I used to collect frogs (pottery or china, not real ones!) and had hundreds, until I gave most of them away to another frog-collector.
7. I'm a 'trivia-quiz' addict - can remember all kinds of useless information, but not what happened a week ago.
Now I have to pass this award on to 10 other bloggers, so here goes:
1. Elizabeth Grace www.word-nerd-speaks.com
2. Jennifer Wilck http://jenniferwilck.com
3. Jenn Duffy-Pearson www.wine-n-chat.com
4. Katheryn Lane http://katheryn-lane.blogspot.com
5. Laura Kaye http://laurakayeauthor.com
6. Michelle Daly http://michelledaly.blogspot.com
7. Pauline Barclay http://paulinembarclay.blogspot.com
8. Sylvia Ney http://writinginwonderland.blogspot.com
9. Zee Monodee http://zeemonodee.blogspot.com
10. This is a spare one, for anyone else who would like to claim it!