Thursday 8 April 2021

A-Z Blogging Challenge - G is for Guy

Here’s my imaginary interview with Guy Sinclair, the hero of Irish Inheritance.

I’m at Dublin Airport, hoping to catch Guy who has just arrived from New York. Oh, there he is! Guy, can you tell us why you’ve come over to Dublin?

(Guy stifles a yawn.) Yes, of course, although you’ll have to excuse some incoherency. I managed to sleep for a while on the flight, but these overnight flights are a killer, aren’t they? Anyway, yes, I’m here to visit a Dublin lawyer, Daniel McGrath.

Why?

Good question. My New York lawyer has told me I’ve inherited a half share of a house here in Ireland from some 90-year-old dame who died last year.

You don’t know who she is?

No, never heard of her before. Someone called Helena Keating. She named my grandmother in her will, and, as my father died a few years ago and had no brothers or sisters, it seems I’m the only living descendant of my grandmother.

Where’s this house?

I don’t know and, to tell you the truth, I’m not really interested in it. I’m only here because the lawyer insisted I had to see it before making any decision about it. It would have been much easier to stay home and simply instruct him to sell it.

You said you had a half share in the house. Do you know who has co-inherited it with you?

No idea. My lawyer didn’t have that information. Maybe it’s someone who’s as mystified as I am about all this.

If you want to sell the house, presumably this other person will have to agree to that?

Good point, but I’m hoping there won’t be any problems about that. I’d much rather have the money than a house in Ireland.

 

Well, I wonder who is Guy’s co-inheritor – and whether he will change his mind about selling the house?

 


Irish Inheritance

English actress, Jenna Sutton, and American artist, Guy Sinclair, are thrown together when they find they’ve jointly inherited a house on the west coast of Ireland. Neither knows their connection to their unknown benefactress, but set about unravelling the intriguing tale of a 19th century love affair. Despite their personal reasons for not wanting romantic involvements, Jenna and Guy are both aware of their growing attraction. When local property agent, Eve Callaghan, appears to have her own agenda, friction builds over Jenna and Guy’s decision about the house and its contents. Will their Irish inheritance bring them together - or drive them apart?

Reviews:

U.K: “Once this book had its hooks in me, I read from beginning to end, non-stop. I could not break away. The sense of mystery and drama is brilliantly balanced and the characters are believable, likable, and compelling. The scenes, as they are set in the mind's eye, bring a magical quality all of their own. It is one of those stories that, when you realize it is drawing to a close, you feel you want to make it last somehow. There are not enough stars available - this is the best story I have read in a long time.”

 U.S.A: “A beautiful story within a story, so much more than a romance. I loved the historic puzzles that ultimately link the lives from another time to the present day characters. And a mysterious Irish estate with its own secrets that ultimately draws all the characters together. The journey uncovering family histories, long forgotten, propels you through the story as much as the modern day characters and the relationships they forge. I very much enjoyed my first trip to Ireland via this book.”

 

Irish Inheritance is currently FREE on Amazon.

All my books are available from Amazon  or from Tirgearr Publishing  

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting story. Well done on your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic way to intrigue the reader! It remains my favourite Mist Na Mara book and Guy is a great character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. I'm very fond of Guy who makes brief appearances in the other Mist Na Mara books.

      Delete