Sunday 18 September 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - First Meeting


Another excerpt from my recently released 'His Leading Lady'. For those who've read my excerpts about Jess and Kyle's first kiss, I'm now showing you their very first meeting. This is a continuation from last week when the last thing Jess said was: "I don't like being inspected, Mr. Drummond."

“Why not?  You’re a beautiful woman.  Why not be proud of that?  Your sister certainly is.”

“Lora and I are two very different people,” Jess said coolly, “and I don’t take kindly to a complete stranger assessing me on some ten point scale.”

“So how many points did you give me?”

More next week!
'His Leading Lady' available as e-book and paperback from www.whiskeycreekpress.com or from Amazon http://amzn.to/opp1ky

Check out the other 'Six Sentences' here

Also I'm chatting with Katheryn Lane about 'His Leading Lady' if you'd like to visit  http://bit.ly/rtILMe

22 comments:

  1. Great sentences, Paula. I can't wait until next week to find out about those points!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she likes the inspection more than she's letting on! Great six!!
    Amy Durham

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his comeback! Great six, Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, how is she going to respond to that? Great dialogue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice exchange. I engaged with both characters, and understand them very well in a very brief snippet. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL...love his last question! Great Six :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dialogue! And I'm assuming she and Lora are twins maybe...?

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonder if she is at a loss for words now? doubt it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think she has him right where she wants him. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great dialogue and I love his response!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL. Caught! Rings true that we don't like to be rated even though we rate in return. Great dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL!! How many points? That is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, the sparks are going to fly etween these two. I love your final sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry, am late to answer tonight - been editing my WIP (only 3 chapters to go - yay!)and also writing a post for Heroines with Hearts (our group blog).
    But I really appreciate your comments and am delighted you liked the sparks flying between Jess and Kyle.
    Hope you'll come back next Sunday for more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha! That last line made me giggle. I love this excerpt :)

    ReplyDelete