Friday 29 April 2011

YAY - I made it (nearly!)

Penultimate letter – Yay, Yessss and Yippee!

At the beginning of April, I had titles for about half the letters of the alphabet.  As things occurred to me, I’d add them to my list.  Some letters ended up with a variety of possible subjects.  I think C probably had the most – I considered Characters, Computers, Conflict, Confidence, Creativity, Coping with Writers’ Block – and eventually went with Critique Partners.

Some topics I chose were relatively easy, others really made me think.  In that sense, it really has been a challenge (another C topic!).  I’ve tried to write the blogs for each week during the preceding weekend, but it hasn’t always worked out like that.  Finding pictures, too, has been a challenge at times.   I know I wasn’t obliged to find illustrations, but I do like finding appropriate pictures to break up a blog.  Okay, so maybe I like to make things harder for myself  J

I was determined to complete the A-Z Challenge, and now I’m almost there.  I didn’t for one minute consider giving up.  I’m stubborn like that.  Once I take on a Challenge, then – barring circumstances totally beyond my control (like my computer blowing up) – I try to see it through.  I wonder how many of the other 1000+ signers-up made it to the end?

I have to admit I haven’t managed to visit everyone else’s blog.  I did make a sterling effort the first week to visit as many as I could.  I became a follower of a lot of blogs, and I’ve gained quite a lot of followers too.  I’ve read a lot of interesting and thought-provoking blogs, and hope others have found mine as interesting.  I really appreciate those who’ve left comments for me, since we writers thrive on feedback, of course – and we have to support each other.  Even better, I’ve also made several new friends. 

Thank you all for your support!

3 comments:

  1. I can sympathize! I did a calendar page and wrote the letter by the day, jotting down some notes for possible topics. Most of them I stuck to, while other changed--sometimes even after I'd written the post. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no plan and pulled my daily topic from thin air. Sometimes that was obvious! But YES, I did it. Well, so far.

    I’m A-Z Blogging on Langley Writes about Writing and Langley’s Rich and Random Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been a great experience. Congrats on making it... tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete